IT Tender empowers children in Metro Manila, Philippines to become educated and responsible leaders in their community. This is accomplished through educational programs and community-based initiatives which create lasting transformations in the physical, emotional, intellectual, and spiritual aspects of each child. The result is sustainable health and wholeness in the community.
IT Tender provides education for “street children” and their families. Programs range from early childhood and pre-school through to tutoring for out-of-school youth preparing for high school equivalency exams. Run-aways and children addicted to solvents also find welcome and community here, along with wise counsel and mentoring. The goal is that children and families become Christ-centered, responsible, and self-sustaining.read more →
IT Tender Programs
1SMART KidsAn early childhood education center for toddlers ages 1-2. Mothers actively participate as their children experience stimulating play, early learning, and proper nutrition.
2Simula Daycare Center (Preschool)A preschool for children ages 3-5. Simula means “Beginning” in Tagalog. Students learn basic literacy and numeracy in preparation for elementary school.
3Sponsor-A-Child-NowA sponsorship program currently sending over 150 children to local elementary and high schools. Clients are carefully selected based on case studies of families without the capacity to send their children to school. The sponsorship provides daily transportation to school, lunches, and school supplies. Beyond this, the program is holistic in offering families medical support, livelihood trainings, and developmental programs like annual family camps, field trips, counseling, and more. For just $25 monthly you can send a child to school and provide developmental programs for the entire family.
4Alternative Learning SystemTutoring out-of-school youth and adults to pass a high school equivalency exam. Graduates are then referred to organizations with job opportunities or technical schools that offer scholarships for ALS exam passers.
5Night LifeA drop-in style program for the most at risk children and youth in the area. In this “safe space” kids are able to have fun together, develop healthier relational habits, enjoy meals and even make use of the shower facilities. The new ‘Sing, Spell, Read, and Write’ curriculum also uses interactive and fun activities to improve literacy.
6Send a Teacher to SchoolA scholarship for Filipino staff and interns to complete their degrees in education and social work.This investment will enable IT Tender to help even more children complete their education and become change agents in their community.
- 14 May 2020Signs of Gratitude from Families Living Meal-to-Meal (COVID-19 Update)Click here to read an update from IT Tender to see the many signs of gratitude from families receiving food under quarantine in Manila. Some of these signs are big smiles...
- 20 Mar 2020Help Feed Families During the COVID-19 LockdownClick here to read about how you can help feed hungry families under strict lockdown in Manila. (Note: to receive our regular blog in your email, click here to subscribe)...
- 17 Mar 2020Living in LockdownClick here to read an update on our situation here in the Philippines amid concerns of the COVID-19 (2019 novel coronavirus) pandemic. (Note: to receive our regular blog...
IT Tender Director
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 0910-992-3585 (Manila)
- Postal Address: 332F National Road, Alabang, Muntunlupa, 1770, Philippines
International Teams Canada:
- Telephone: 1-519-669-8844
- Toll Free: 1-800-465-7601
- Postal Address: 1 Union St, Elmira, ON, N3B 3J9, Canada
Click here to sign up to receive our newsletter in your email.