IT Tender Ministry was established in 2000 when Pastor John & Gela Basiwa saw the plight of children living on the streets addicted to sniffing solvents. They reached out by bringing food to the kids and building relationships. Over the years, more people came to help and they set up programs aimed at bringing about total transformation, with a predominant emphasis on education.
In 2013 the Basiwas turned over leadership to John Coffey from Canada. He has been traveling to the Philippines to work with IT Tender since 2006. He has a Bachelor of Honours Arts in Psychology and English from the University of Waterloo and a Bachelor in Elementary Education from the University of Toronto. Between short-term missions to the Philippines from 2006-2010, John volunteered in inner-city schools in Toronto teaching Kindergarten to Grade 6, he worked in group homes for adults with special needs, and he was an academic tutor and head counselor at a camp for children with special needs. In 2009 he committed to a one-year internship with International Teams and helped establish a daycare in a small community church. He returned to the Philippines in 2011 and studied the Tagalog language full-time to become fluent before serving in the various educational programs of IT Tender. John now leads the IT Tender team. Each of the staff are passionate about empowering the poor through access to education, relevant skills training, and discipleship. This includes becoming part of a community of believers in Jesus willing to live, share, and pray with them.
John can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
IT Tender’s Programs and Leadership Team:
1) SMART Kids – early childhood education center for kids ages 1-3. Led by Jam Coffey
2) Simula Learning Center – daycare/preschool for kids ages 4-6. Led by Cecille De Jesus
3) Sponsor-A-Child-Now – sponsorship program for elementary and high school students. Led by Joan Rivera and Jizza Malquisto
4) Alternative Learning System (ALS) – tutoring for out-of-school youth and adults preparing to take their high school equivalency exam. Led by Gabby Malquisto
5) Night Life – evening program for street kids/youth in extreme conditions. Led by staff and youth volunteers
6) Send a Teacher to School – investing in the teachers and social worker of IT Tender by supporting their college education. Led by John Coffey
News & Updates
- 24 Apr 2019Youth Teaching Youth in ManilaClick here to check out IT Tender’s latest blog update. (Note: to receive our regular blog...
- 22 Feb 2019A Total Transformation of our Drop-In-CenterClick here to check out IT Tender’s latest blog update. (Note: to receive our regular blog in your e...
- 22 Dec 2018A Very Merry IT Tender UpdateClick here to check out IT Tender’s latest blog update. (Note: to receive our regular blog in your e...
- 16 Nov 2018How 20 Filipino Youth are Bringing Joy to 300 Street KidsClick here to check out IT Tender’s latest blog update. (Note: to receive our regular blog in your e...
- 19 Sep 2018Stitching Frayed Hearts, Feeding Hungry MouthsClick here to check out IT Tender’s latest blog update. (Note: to receive our regular blog in your e...