IT Tender Ministry was established in 2000 when Pastor John & Gela Basiwa saw the plight of children living on the streets addicted to sniffing solvents. They reached out by bringing food to the kids and building relationships. Over the years, more people came to help and they set up programs aimed at bringing about total transformation, with a predominant emphasis on education.
In 2013 the Basiwas turned over leadership to John Coffey from Canada. He has been traveling to the Philippines to work with IT Tender since 2006. He has a Bachelor of Honours Arts in Psychology and English from the University of Waterloo and a Bachelor in Elementary Education from the University of Toronto. Between short-term missions to the Philippines from 2006-2010, John volunteered in inner-city schools in Toronto teaching Kindergarten to Grade 6, he worked in group homes for adults with special needs, and he was an academic tutor and head counselor at a camp for children with special needs. In 2009 he committed to a one-year internship with International Teams and helped establish a daycare in a small community church. He returned to the Philippines in 2011 and studied the Tagalog language full-time to become fluent before serving in the various educational programs of IT Tender. John now leads the IT Tender team. Each of the staff are passionate about empowering the poor through access to education, relevant skills training, and discipleship. This includes becoming part of a community of believers in Jesus willing to live, share, and pray with them.
John can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
IT Tender’s Programs and Leadership Team:
1) SMART Kids – early childhood education center for kids ages 1-3. Led by John Coffey
2) Simula Learning Center – daycare/preschool for kids ages 4-6. Led by Cecille De Jesus
3) Sponsor-A-Child-Now – sponsorship program for elementary and high school students. Led by Jizza Magallanes
4) Alternative Learning System (ALS) – tutoring for out-of-school youth and adults preparing to take their high school equivalency exam. Led by Gabby Malquisto
5) Night Life – evening program for street kids/youth in extreme conditions. Led by Jam Coffey
6) Send a Teacher to School – investing in the teachers and social worker of IT Tender by supporting their college education.
News & Updates
- 23 Nov 2017A Garden Party at ChristmasDear friends and supporters of IT Tender, Last Christmas, we turned the streets of Manila into a Win...
- 17 Nov 2017Stories of ChangeClick here to check out IT Tender’s latest blog update which includes the first episode of an...
- 31 Jul 2017Hope that Changes LivesRestoring Hope (Article by Jizza Magallanes-Malquisto) “God, your God, will restore everything you l...
- 18 May 2017Together Moving Forward After The FireEven after a tragedy, life continues. We pick up the pieces and move forward. This is very difficult...
- 20 Apr 2017Urgent Need for Relief Kits for 50 Families Who Lost Their Homes in FireThe last thing I expected when I arrived at work Wednesday morning was to see the community behind o...